Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lesion Plan PowerPoint


In class we got an assignment to create a PowerPoint to teach any lesion we wanted. I chose synonyms for first graders. When first hearing about this assignment I thought it was going to be really hard and not at my education level yet. I was pretty confused for awhile with exactly what we were doing but, once I kind of got it ideas started flowing. I added a pretest at the beginning of my PowerPoint to test their knowledge before i taught the lesion. The kindergardeners then matched up synonyms from columns to help instill the lesion. I ended the PowerPoint with an education game on pbs.org for them to do on their own. I never realized how many different ways of teaching PowerPoint offers. I learned all the different ways you can arrange slides to do pretty much anything you want.It did take way more work than I thought but, I learned a lot. There’s so many more ways to use PowerPoint than I thought. It really got me excited about learning more techniques to use once I am a teacher. Overall it was a good learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment